Charles V Wall

Posted on March 19, 2021 / 11
Listing Type : Defence Line
Location : Gibraltar

Charles V Wall was built by the Spanish in 1540 and enhanced in 1552.  It run from the top of the Rock, just to the South of Signal Hill, all the way down to South Bastion.  During the 19th Century is provided an infantry defence line, and numerous fortifications were built in the area, particularly at Prince Ferdinand’s Gate.

    Related Listings