Fort William FredrickGeorgetown, Guyana
Fort William Fredrick was built by the Dutch before the British took over in 1814. This old fort was the principal military installation in Georgetown, and in 1900 mounted two 4.7-inch Quick Fire Guns with an effective range of 2000 yards.
The fort has now been lost to development. The UK National Archives holds plans under MR 1/199/3.