St Mawes 6-pdr Battery
In 1898 two 6-pdr guns were added to the lower battery at St Mawes Castle. This battery was intended to protect the minefield in Carrick Roads, working in conjunction with the 6-pdr Battery at Crab Quay. This 6-pdr battery was superseded by the St Mawes 12-pdr battery built in 1900 to the rear of the Castle.
There also appears to be Maxim Machine Gun pedestal mount on the east end of the battery over one of the 6-pdr positions.