Crab Quay Battery
Crab Quay Battery was built to protect the small landing pier inside the bay below Pendennis Castle.
By 1855 the armament was two 32-pdr SB guns, which where upgraded to two 64-pdr RML guns by about 1880. Between 1902 and 1906 the Battery mounted two 6-pdr Q.F. guns. Crab Quay Battery worked in conjunction with the two 12-pdr batteries within Pendennis Castle, No. 2 and No. 3 Q.F. Batteries.
On the Southern side of the battery, by the old Guard House, two concrete mounts remain. These were mounting Gatling Machine Guns, and there ammunition lockers by the mounts. This area was all overgrown in 2022.
The Minefield was withdrawn in about 1907 and the battery was decommissioned.