North Lines Battery lies adjacent to the west side of Drop Redoubt. The Battery is on the terreplein, overlooking the dry moat and approach road to the North Entrance of Western Heights.
Original plans in 1893 were for five 64-pdr RML guns to be mounted here but this was reduced to four guns when built in 1894. The battery was decommissioned in 1903, so had a very short.
The four guns were mounted on traversing ‘C’ type pivot in barbette positions. Three of these 64-pdr RML emplacements have survived with the pivot.