Windsor Castle

Posted on November 11, 2021 / 5
Listing Type : Observation
Location : Madagascar

Windsor Castle was named in 1824 by and English explorer, the local name being Andramahimbe.  This rocky outcrop overlooks Courrier Bay where the British and Commonwealth troops landed in 1942.  By 1900 the French Military had established an observation post on the top of the hill because it gave unrestricted view of both the Bay of Diego Suarez and the Western shoreline.  Windsor Castle was one of heliograph positions around the fortifications of Diego Suarez.

    Related Listings