Ouvrage H, Joffre LineDiego Suarez, Madagascar
Ouvrage H, on the Joffre Line is also known as Fort d’ Anamakia. It was one of the two primary fortifications forming the Joffre Line. Ouvrage H was situated on the west side of the land front, and was positioned to provide flanking fire to cover Ouvrage G, Fort du la Betabitra.
Fort d’ Anamakia was surrounded by an iron fence with a dry ditch. The site included a single Casemate de Bourges which mounted two 95 mm 1888 guns. There were also two separate circular positions mounting Hotckiss Machine Guns (8 mm). The remaining two buildings were magazines and crew shelter. An anti-tank bunker was later built within the fort.