La Batterie d AndrahompotsyDiego Suarez, Madagascar
La Batterie d’ Andrahompotsy (Battery Andrahompotsy) was built in 1902 and mounted four 240 mm guns. The guns were mounted in two pairs a few hundred metres apart. The barbette gun emplacements are masonry, with underground ready ammunition stores and traverses. The Group Magazine was close to the main pier and Batterie de l’ Hospital (Hospital Battery).
The site has unfortunately received attention from scrap collectors who have taken the guns and much of the metal work around the site.