Batterie de la Côte 84
The Batterie de la Côte 84 was built in 1938 to mount four 164 mm (6-inch) guns. The Battery is also called Bellevue Battery. The guns had a range of about 19,000 metres and the battery was envisaged to have a counter bombardment role against hostile vessels. There is a substantial underground magazine, with hoist for delivery of ammunition to the guns. All the guns are connected by concrete lined trenches, similar to Battery Lazaret. There is a substantial Battery Command and Observation Post with steel instrument turret.
The Battery includes two defence post, one on each flank. This is more consistent with the British design of coastal defence batteries where the use of blockhouses and later pillboxes for local defence was common.