North Sutor 9.2-inch Battery had a pair of guns mounted in ‘tear drop’ shaped gun pits. The Battery was constructed in 1913, and was similar in design to the 9.2-inch Battery at South Sutor. A pari of Defence Electric Lights were built on the foreshore below the battery.
In 1939 the Battery was remodelled to mount two 6-inch BL guns. The old 9.2-inch magazines were used for the new 6-inch guns, with an escape hatch leading out to the old gun pits.
This 9.2-inch Battery was adjacent to a Battery with four 4-inch Q.F. guns mounted in pairs.