West Hout Bay BatteryHout Bay, Cape Town, South Africa
West Hout Bay Battery was originally a Dutch Battery taken over by the British. It worked in conjunction with East Hout Fort or East Hout Bay Battery, covering the entrance to Hout Bay. Plans from 1851 show the battery with smooth bore guns of unknown calibre (TNA WO 55/3011). The battery has a straight section, where the 12-pdr battery now stands, and a half moon battery on the northern side. It is not know when the 12-pdr battery was built at this location.