Fire Commanders Post
This is a single structure on the footpath between Lion Battery and Seapoint Ridge Position Finding Station. It is not know when the original observation post was built. At the start of World War 1, it was surrounded by wire and two blockhouses built for local defence. One blockhouse was placed a short distance behind and the other just to front. The blockhouse to the rear is now a ruined concrete building, presumably built later for accommodation and food.
There are two Position Finding Cells located about 500 meters along the path towards Lion Battery.
It would appear from its’ design that the present building was constructed about 1939.
TNA Wo 78/4949