St Ives Battery
Located on the South side of the Bristol Channel this was a minor works. Initial known as Lamprock Battery during the Napoleonic War. Built between1856 and 1858, by 1888 the battery was armed with one 64-pdr RML, one 68-pdr Smooth Bore and one 8-inch Smooth Bore Shell gun.
The Royal Artillery and Roya Engineers Works Committee in their report on the Minor Defence of the Coast of the UK recommended the works be retained but with two 64-pdr RML guns. On the 11th July 1890 the Secreatary of State for War approved this armament and the two 64-pdr RML guns were in situ. (UK National Archives WO 196/31)