The Garrison Station Hospital was built to the North of Prospect Barracks. Authority to build the Hospital was given on the 20th August 1890 and building started in October of that year. The construction was completed by the 30th September 1892. The total cost of the complex was £5,963.
The buildings were constructed of local soft stone and comprised of a Main Building, a separate Infection Ward, a Cook House and Commanders Quarters.
(Images courtesy of Martin Buckley)