West Observing Station
This Observing Station is believed to have been the Submarine Mine Observing Station when the Submarine Mining Establishment at Lawrence Cove was active.
No plans have been found in the National Archives for this feature but it is shown on contemporary maps as a Submarine Mine Observing Station and Test Room. It is also shown as O.C.S.M. which probably stands for Officer Commanding Submarine Mining (TNA Wo 78/4887). By 1918 it is shown as a lookout post (WO 78/4741).
Can anyone provide additional information please?