Bedford Battery is also referred to as Fort Bedford. The Battery was constructed between 1903 and 1906 with two 6-inch gun BL gun mounted. The Battery includes two underground magazines, side arms store, and battery command post.
Bedford Battery lies adjacent to Cottage Battery which had been built earlier as a stop gap measure pending the arrival of the 6-inch guns.
The Battery was rearmed in 1935 with two 5.5-inch guns taken from HMS Hood. These 5.5-inch guns remain on site.