Raz Island Fort
Raz Island Fort (Fort Ile de Raz) was built on an island to protect Longis Bay. The fort mounted ten guns and a garrison of 64 men, it was connected to the main island by a causeway.
In 1859 the armament was eight 68-pdr guns, and two 8-inch howitzers.
The Fort was later used as a hospital.