Princess Royal BatteryAlbany WA, Australia
The Princess Royal Battery was completed in 1893 with two 6-inch BL guns. The gun had a range of 9,000 years (8.4 kilometres) and covered King Georges Sound (Frenchman Bay) and the entrance to Shoal Bay. In 1938 modern 6-inch Mark V QF guns replaced the original 6-inch guns. The Battery also has an underground magazine, cut out of the rocky hilltop of Mount Clarence, a Position Finding Cell and Battery Command Post. The complex was linked by passageway cut out of the rock.
Another 6-inch BL gun was mounted at Plantagenet Battery, close to the shoreline below Princess Royal Battery.
A 6-pdr QF Battery of two guns was also located on the shore line close to Plantagenet Battery.