Torry BatteryAberdeen, UK
Torry Battery was built between 1860 and 1860, and was initially armed with:
- Three 10-inch RML guns
- Six 68-pdr SB guns
The plan show in the images is from an on site council notice board and shows the battery in 1865.
In 1906, after a period of redundancy, the battery was rearmed with two 6-inch BL Mark VII guns. Nothing can presently be seen of the 6-inch BL battery, as this has now been back-filled and buried. It stood on the south side of the battery.
Two 10-inch RML and one 68-pdr emplacements survive.
Beach Battery was built about the same time on the northern side of the River Dee.