Beach BatteryEsplanade, Aberdeen, UK
Beach Battery was built between 1858 and 1859 mounting four 68-pdr SB guns. These were upgraded in 1893 with four 64-pdr RML guns and primarily used for training volunteers. The batter was decommissioned in 1900 and the site has now been lost.
Torry Battery was built slightly later and covered the south mouth of the River Dee.